Saturday, April 11, 2009

Jesus said...

...to Thomas or better known as Doubting Thomas.  "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."  I use to struggle so much with doubt.  But I am happy to say, that after many years of asking God to "help my unbelief," and to grow my faith, He did.  My prayer was always, "God you said that if I just have the faith of a tiny mustard seed," that would be all it takes, that you can grow that faith to be big and strong.  Thank you Lord for building my faith in You.  Thank you that I no longer struggle with doubt.  Thank you that although I can relate to Doubting Thomas,  through faith, I can also relate to other biblical heros that have gone before me, like David, Paul, Daniel, Gideon, Mary Magdalene, Esther, Ruth, Moses and so many others.  Father, thank You for those examples.  Thank You for specifically choosing many different types of personalities and faith levels.  None of us today need to feel left out.  Your plan is so finite, so complete, so perfect.  Your love is so big and encompasses all of us.  On this Easter Father, thank You for your Son, Jesus Christ.  Thank you Father for your sacrifice.  Thank You for your unlimited faith in me.  One of these days, I'm gonna give you this biggest hug.  I just love You so much.

1 comment: