Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thinking about Good Friday, on Tuesday!


As we draw near Good Friday, I would be remiss to not talk about what this week means to all Christians around the world.  Many churches are beginning to hold services on Good Friday and remembering what our Lord and Savior did for us on that fateful day.  Our church will partake in the Lord's Supper and worship.  It will be an evening of remembering, worshipping and giving our thanks to Him who sacrificed His life for our sin.  As scripture says "He became sin, who knew no sin, that we might become His righteousness.  He humbled Himself and carried the cross."  He is our Messiah, the God who saves.  You see, God is holy and can not be where sin is, so Jesus came to shed His blood to cover our sin, that we might enter into God's presence, to enjoy a personal relationship with Him, through Jesus Christ, His son.  I am so thankful for that shed blood, for without it, I wouldn't stand a chance.  As much as I try to be sinless, my day barely gets started and I have already failed, often times before breakfast.  The Good News is, that the Good News is for all of us.  It's ours for the taking.  And I'm taking Sister!  Boy, am I taking.  What is that Good news...well the Great News, is that Jesus although was crucified and died on that cross and was buried in a tomb, wait for it....three days later, He rose.  That's right, He ROSE!  He is alive and He is at work.    He came to save the lost and He is still saving the lost.  I know this, because I talk to Him on a regular basis you see.  And by the way...He told me to tell you that He loves you so much.  He's crazy about you.  And He's waiting for you to invite Him over.  He'd love to chat.  His datebook always has room for another invitation and  He will gladly accept.  He Is Risen....He Is Risen Indeed!  Now let's go have an Easter Party and Celebrate!  

In Him,
Faithful....

No comments:

Post a Comment