Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tan Fat Looks Better Than Pale Fat


Well, I guess that is true. But one hopes to get that tan in not so public of places. However, we has Momma's do crazy things for our Baby Boys. So I push through the embarassment and fear and don the two piece for a day at the pool with my 8 year old. He has been begging for a pool day since school got out. I hate going to the pool. Now mind you, I will put on the itzy bitzy teenie weenie bikini on vacation - No Problem! I know no one. Will never see those people ever again in my life. Could careless what they think of me. I am free to be me on vacation. Everyone lives crazy-like while on vacation. That's the fun of vacation. However, with the recession, a trip to Maui like last year, is not possible. And as much as I have been dreaming of a beach break this summer, I'm not counting on it. So....to be a good Momma and give my little guy some pool time, which every kid deserves on their summer break, I will trudge ahead. Now some of you might say, "Why can't you just go in shorts and stay covered up if you have such an issue?" Heck no man! I don't like to be hot or a martyr. I believe, when in Rome. Talk about a sign around your neck that says, I have severe body issues. Just show up with no bathing suit and that is what you are screaming.

Wish me luck. Oh, did I mention I'm going with a friend who is super tall, thin and model beautiful? Yep, I'm a glutten for punishment. If I survive, I'll post again tomorrow. For now, I'm heading off to do 500 sit ups before bed....I hope I can walk.

Faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment