Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Am Thankful for Sushi!



My virgin sushi experience was in San Francisco. I was on a business trip with several colleagues and we were hungry. San Francisco, I might mention, is one of the best places to have your "first time" experience with sushi. This was a cute little place that had the mote around the sushi chefs and they floated all the delectables on little boats and they sailed past you as you shopped for what looked satisfying. When you are a newbie sushi eater, it's best to start with the infamous California Roll. There is nothing raw involved and it's amazingly tastey. The rice roll is filled with crab meat, avocado, cucumber strips. The best part of any sushi to me is the wasabi paste. I love the sting on the back of my neck when I get a little too much wasabi heat on a sushi bite. After you conquer the Cali Roll, move on to the real stuff, like Spicy Lobster Rolls, Tuna or Eel. There is so much to choose from. Most sushi is very healthy and easy on the diet. The crazy thing about sushi is that the first time you might be hesitant, but after about one week of your first taste, you will begin craving it like crazy. Then you are hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment