Tuesday, January 27, 2009

White Out!



It's all white today.  Icy rain fell over night and covered the trees and ground making for a beautiful site.  Then a light dusty of snow covered that ice.  Although lovely, makes for a treacherous drive.  Many schools are delayed a bit.  As I was picking out the clothes for the day, I heard the cough.  Felt the little one and knew - whoops - we won't be going to school today.  The thermometer read 101 degrees.  It was inevitable - My Man was sick all weekend and J and I hoped to come out unscathed, but it was not to be.  He and I both seemed to have fallen ill to this junk that is going around.  The good thing is that you don't feel that bad, but the fever comes, the cough comes, the tightness in the chest and BAM, you got it.  If I feel up to it and can bundle up enough, I'd like to get out and shoot a few of the White Out.  But, first I'll make some Chicken N Dumplins'.  That will cure what ails ya for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment